Summer Dresses for Those Who Love Neutral Colours
If you’re like me, wearing bright colours just doesn’t really do it for you. 90% of the time I’m wearing black, the other 10% I’m wearing neutral colours. I’ve tried wearing bright colours, but revert back to neutral colours, mostly black. In my opinion, neutral colours never go out of style, so it’s a great way to build a long lasting wardrobe. It’s not that I don’t love bright colours, I do – but just not on me. So here are some of the dresses I favour for summer.
The go-to black dresses. You can rarely go wrong wearing black, so why not stock up on some classics to build up your long lasting wardrobe. I know black isn’t the best ‘summer’ colour, but if you pair it with elements of browns and lights, it makes a great balance. Not to mention, you’ll always look like a badass wearing black, it’s true.
The white or cream peasant style dresses are a must for summer. They scream summer holiday and look so great with flat leather sandals. They’re also work appropriate, but can be transformed into a perfect beach dress simply by adding a floppy hat.
Neutral prints will make your wardrobe fun and playful. They can easily be transitioned into fall dresses with some tights, boots and a cardigan.
Finding the right dress can be painful, but looking for the right items that you’ll wear often and wear for a longer time than just one season is key. Look for timeless items that you can imagine in your wardrobe for many years to come.
Enjoy the summer! xo